Online marketing is about ensuring that your business is well placed in internet search listings, as this is crucial in order to reach your customers. For most modern SMEs, their online presence is a critical part of their marketing strategy.
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
SEO is a collection of online marketing techniques which marketers use to increase their prominence in search engine listings. Hundreds of factors have an impact on the position of your website in results, including:
- The relevance of the content on your web page when compared to the search term in question
- Backlinks (the number of links to your webpage).
- Metadata (such as the title used for your webpages).
- Domain authority (how long your website has been around, the number of other sites which link to it and other similar ingredients).
SEO consultants can help you to improve your site in relation to the factors mentioned above.
- Review the pages on your website to propose technical improvements
- Prepare content for you
- Carry out research for you to advise on keywords you may wish to target
- Contact third parties to encourage links to your website
Some SEO strategies can offer short term gains, with long-term penalties. If your SEO consultant adopts techniques which are frowned upon by search engines, then there is a risk that your site will plummet in the rankings later on. It pays to have a well drafted SEO agreement which includes warranties to which you have recourse if things go wrong.
How can we help?
We are familiar with online marketing, SEO strategies and internet and marketing law. We are able to assist by:
- Advising on your requirements when engaging SEO providers
- Reviewing and advising on contract terms
- Drafting agreements
- Resolving disputes concerning the provision of SEO services